EQA Performance Tester job
This is an EQA Performance Tester job description for role in LoadRunner/VuGen/Performance Center.
- 3-5 years expertise with HP/Mercury Interactive suite of automated testing tools required (version 11.5+ of LoadRunner/Performance Center and Quality Center) QTP a plus
- Working knowledge of various LR protocols - required. Including HTTP/HTML, Web Services , .NET, Citrix and RDP)
- At least 1 year experience working with server monitoring tools (AppDynamics and ScienceLogic) to analyze and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Working knowledge of SQL - can create ad-hoc queries to verify test results or troubleshoot issues.
- Programming experience, preferably C/C++, Java and shell scripting a plus
- Excellent performance test analysis skills required.
- Working knowledge of software/hardware quality assurance methodologies and SDLC types (Agile/Waterfall).
- Excellent communication skills required - able to communicate well with Functional Test team, Technical Test Managers, project teams, other EQA team members.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in the Information Technology industry.
- At least 4 years hands-on experience with Load testing
- Knowledge of finance and banking industries a plus.
- Ability to work independently to define, manage, and complete activities
- Ability to track and develop metrics for quality assurance
- To the extent that it is reasonable, goes the extra mile to make sure that other team member's needs are met.
- Communicates potential process improvement opportunities
- Understands how the IT group operates and how his/her role meets customer needs and creates value
- Identifies opportunities or problems and acts quickly and decisively to respond to the situation
- Performance engineering experience a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree or Equivalent or 4+ years of experience