Product Support Manager
The Product Support Manager will oversee the Technical Data Operations team. This team currently comprises of resources in Rockville, Maryland and Bangalore, India. The Manager position is located in Rockville, Maryland with occasional travel to various branch offices as required.
The team's primary focus is on the support of the client's proprietary data products and services. This position works closely with technology operations, development and product management teams in providing first line support (emails and phone calls) of all data products for Equities and Options markets in the US. The team is be expected to represent the business on Major Incidents that impact US proprietary data products. Developing externally facing customer communications such as outage messages and post mortems are a key responsibility for this role.
The position requires a technically savvy and experienced professional who can both lead and develop employees and can take a hands-on role in day-to-day operations alongside a traditional managerial role. The successful candidate will be able to translate technical issues and topics to determine relevance and impact to the GIS Business Unit. The ability to analyze existing processes, determine gaps and propose creative and cost-effective solutions will be a big part of this role. .
The Product Support Manager will be expected to continue to grow the operational maturity of the team by documenting processes and procedures. The manager is also expected to use tools such as JIRA and/or Remedy to track work requests and projects. Developing key metrics to track workload and performance and identify trends is a critical part of this role. Continuous service improvement will be the key to success. This role also represents Business Unit approval within the IT Change Management process and Change Approval Board (CAB). The Product Support Manager will also be expected to liaise with the Risk Management teams to manage in-scope business continuity processes and participate in Crisis Management tabletop exercises. We are interested in someone that has a good combination of process and technology experience can take the team to the next level of operational maturity.
- Liaise with Technology teams and GIS Senior Management, Product Management, Sales, Marketing with system issues for in-scope products.
- Draft and manage the release of time-sensitive customer news communications, websites and database corrections and follow up as appropriate with external clients and internal partners
- Engage external clients on content, system and process issues related to GIS Data Products via vendor alerts, mass emails and direct communications
- Support migrations and upgrades of GIS Data Products by partnering with the technical and development teams
- Coordinate and organize ad hoc projects and requests as relates to GIS Data Products
- Serve as the point of contact for updating and managing GIS related content on the client's trader website using tools such as CMS and Microsoft Visual Studio. Manage the identification of upstream changes and technological upgrades that may impact the Ultrafeed product.
- Report on and analyze various operational metrics with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Education Required : B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Information Management, Information Technology or a similar discipline
- Experience Required : 5 to 8 years