Senior VMWare Engineer
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides first level engineering design functions.
- Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications.
- Designs, leads or plans complex implementations for systems and networks; develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation.
- Assists in the definition of architecture standards and anticipate areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
- Validates the detailed architecture requirements for an application/technology to conform to the current and target architecture and standards.
- Oversees enterprise mix of vendor services; recommends changes and updates to strategy
- May act a key contact for setting vendor strategy.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS degree
- 8-10 Years Advanced VMware Engineering experience
- Prefer one of the following certifications: VCP6-CMA, VCAP6-CMA, VCP6-NV, VCAP6-NV Deploy, VCAP6-DCV Deploy, or VCAP6.5-DCV Design
- Advanced VMware VSAN 6.x Experience
- VMware Horizon View 5.2, 6, or 7 Experience
- In-depth understanding of Hyper Converged Infrastructure Architectures, with EMC VXRail/VXRack and/or Nutanix experience preferred
- Ability to define and implement SDN and SDDC concepts
- Strong knowledge of VMWare Cloud Foundation, including extensive hands on experience with VMware NSX and NSX-T
- Strong server virtualization troubleshooting skills
- Strong automation skills using tools such as vRealize
- Experience with various monitoring tools e.g vROPs, SCOM, etc
- Strong Windows server administration experience - Windows Servers (2008 - 2012)
- Strong skillset with scripting, including PowerShell, PowerCLI, etc
- Advanced Permissions and Security Experience including Role Based Administration
- Strong Documentation and Communication skills
- Datacenter Design and Maintenance
- Out-of-Band Management (iLO, DRAC, CIMC)
- Strong skills in patching and deployment systems
- Basic Understanding of Linux Administration