MES Engineer ( Manufacturing Execution System)
Reporting to the Sr. Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems, the MES Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems will serve a key role supporting the delivery and administration of the Syncade MES. The individual will assist in configuration/customization of the system, participate maintaining necessary procedures, and provide system training to users. Activities will also include cross training of other digital manufacturing systems. This position will start in Cambridge, MA and transition to Norwood, MA.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Install, configure and maintain Manufacturing Execution Systems and the interfaces between an MES and other systems including control systems
- Supports the continual improvement of MES and related systems
- Participates in validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation and on-going support
- Configures/customizes MES to support change requests
- Conducts user-training sessions for staff members
- Assists in evaluation or product enhancements and capabilities, implementing upgrades as required
- Support initial and routine upgrade system risk assessment and testing activities
- A Bachelor degree in science, technology or another relevant academic discipline.
- A minimum 2-5 years of experience implementing and maintaining an MES system.
- Working understanding of cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices
- An understanding of computer systems validation practices (GAMP)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Computer programming and debugging skills with specific emphasis on Visual Basic or VB Script, C#, SQL, Java, and HTML Style Sheets.
- Experience with Emerson Syncade MES is preferred