Sr. Data Warehouse Developer
Our client is looking for a Sr. Data Warehouse Developer for a 3-6 month contract to hire opportunity in Albany NY.
Involved in design and development of repository (creating/Modifying objects in Physical, Business and Presentation layer) and the process of repository migration with AEG.
- Creation/ maintenance of the STAR schema which forms the framework of the OBIEE front end reporting platform.
- Work with AEG to perform and validate OBIEE installations/upgrades.
- Design, build and test new OBIEE reports including BI Publisher, Dashboards, Answers, etc.
- Researches and resolves technical problems associated with the reporting applications
- Create/ Update ETL Informatica jobs to load data from internal and external systems to the data warehouse.
- Create warehouse tables and extend warehouse columns to bring in new source system changes.
- Validate the data in the warehouse against the source systems.
- Work with AEG to perform and validate Informatica Powercenter 9.x installations/upgrades.
- Participate in defining and provide guidance on best practices for developers.
Background & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 7 years of experience in ETL development, data warehousing and data modeling.
- Working knowledge in all phases of ETL development life cycle.
- Has experience developing and maintaining Extraction, Transformation and Loading scripts using Informatica tool.
- Has experience converting Business Information into Data Models.
- Has knowledge in Data Flow Diagrams and ability to articulate Data flows in both business and IT terms from upstream application to downstream application.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Report development using OBIEE Analytics/Dashboard
- Experience with Informatica.
- Technical Skills / Knowledge Preferred: Oracle 11G; SQL; Knowledge of OBIEE.
- Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Required.
- Experience in performance tuning and loading optimization.
- Ability to create technical documents and requirements.