MS Dynamics AX Developer
Summary: Under the general direction of the ERP Manager, the MS Dynamics AX Developer is responsible for the implementation and ongoing support of the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 system. This role will assist in the design and development of deliverables identified through conversations with business analysts, end users, and third party implementation/development groups. The position requires familiarity with all phases of the software development life cycle in particular, .X++ and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Design and code additions and updates to current AX system per requirements captured from multiple business groups.
- Work with business analysts, end users, and the CORE team to identify and implement innovative solutions to business challenges.
- Work in multiple Dynamics AX environments following established Microsoft Best Practices and Company development control protocols.
- Perform debugging and testing of all AX code and assist with any issues related to production, UAT, Test or development environments.
- Execute all phases of software development to include design and planning, development, unit testing, QA testing, installation, deployment, and support.
- Perform debugging and testing of all AX code and assist with any issues related to production or development environments.
- Create and maintain functional requirements and technical specification documentation.
- Develop in MS Dynamics AX 2012 R2 using X++ development language.
- Design or enhance AX forms
- Design and implement AIF services
- Design and implement AX workflows
- Conduct code reviews and works closely with the DBA to identify and resolve performance issues
- Understanding and support of the following modules: A/R,A/P,GL, Procurement and Sourcing, Product Information Management, Sales and Marketing, and Organization Administration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of development experience using X++ in Dynamics AX.
- Strong experience developing in AX 2012.
- Dynamics AX integration knowledge (AIF, Custom Services, Web Services).
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other source control system.
- Programming experience in either X++, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET or any other object oriented programming language
- Experience in maintaining multiple Dynamics AX environments and thorough understanding of application development life cycle and familiarity of large scale software implementation methodologies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to type on a computer keyboard; view computer screens, interpret business needs and talk through technical issues with non-technical employees.
- Ability to work in an open office, fast paced environment with frequent distractions and interruptions.