Manage multiple projects of varying sizes and duration including large projects from a global perspective that incorporates both the business and technical aspects of the project.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 112,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager this position coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers; determines project scope; develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans; develops training plans; develops requirements documents; develops project approval matrix; identifies project team training and tool needs; defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans.
For Agile efforts duties may include, but are not limited:
- Works with business partners to identify and implement multiple complex technical systems and/or products of varying sizes.
- Manages large systems and/or products.
- Collaborates and stays engaged with the delivery team. Acts as a buffer between the team and process overhead, so each team member can focus on the timely delivery of software.
- Shields the team from interruptions and removes obstacles that may impact the delivery of the product.
- Guides the team's operations by facilitating ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, sprint planning) and instilling Agile principles into daily activities to ensure smooth functioning of the delivery team.
- Facilitates internal and external communications (e.g. task coordination, progress tracking/reporting, dependency management).
- Ensure team is well-informed on internal and external initiatives and activities.
- Keeps external stakeholders, collaborates, and other interested parties are well-informed on team progress and activities.
- To ensure smooth delivery of team, tracks and removes and obstacles and barriers that may prevent progress.
- Coaches and mentors other Scrum Master around Agile methodologies; develops training plans; develops requirements documents; develops approval matrix; identifies team training and tool needs; defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for technical services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement actives.
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree;
- Minimum of 7 years' experience implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Preferred CSPO or equivalent;
- Preferred experience within small sized Agile implementations (e.g. 7 or more teams).
skills: Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem solving skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.