IT Portfolio Manager
Responsible for organizing a series of work into a single portfolio consisting of reports that capture project objectives, costs, timelines, accomplishments, resources, risks and other critical factor project delivery and budget forecasting on a short, medium and long term basis based.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and/or leads strategic project planning and annual budgeting. Coordinates with senior/executive management business partners to plan and ensure project objectives are met and budget aligns with IT budget objectives.
- Coordinates and/or provides strategic direction for aligning a specific organization's project plan of record and annual goal objectives with annual operating budget by specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, identification of budget and achieving long-term and short-term financial objectives with the primary goal of ensuring that ROI thresholds are met.
- Coordinates and/or leads portfolio and project activities of the business unit and develops relationships with the business.
- Provides support, direction and remove roadblocks to ensure all enterprise portfolio initiatives are delivered on time and in budget and achieve ROI thresholds.
- Works with management to determine future systems direction for both internally developed and vendor maintained systems and performs feasibility studies.
- Understands Resource Capacity Management and works with Resource Managers to manage a portfolio according to governance processes, budgeting and forecasting.
- Requires BA/BS and 5+ years of experience organizing a series of large size projects into a single portfolio, project management experience and experience in multiple technical and business disciplines and broad-based experience to plan and design large, highly complex project portfolios; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Master's degree, multiple trade certifications or other continuing education preferred.
- Incumbent should also have an expertise understanding of the Enterprise Annual Governing Process Life Cycle.