Software Development Engineer in Test
What you'll do:
We are looking for a highly experienced Automation QA Tester with Test Project Management and QA Lead experience. This role requires the individual to write automation code in Selenium WebDriver with Ruby for the corresponding ATDD. Responsibilities include the following:
· Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
· Make sure the automation is constantly running and being analyzed, reporting on failure promptly.
· Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels.
· Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
· Define and execute both the project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases/Scripts which span across multiple, internal QA Product Teams.
· Coordinate test execution with external vendors, as applicable, according to Retail Web Trading standards.
· Work with the QA Manager to research, investigate, implement and train other QA Testing Resources in the areas of Agile Testing Practices, Test Driven Development, Testing Automation and managing Testing Metrics for publication to Upper Management.
· Accountable for project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts).
· Act as the escalation point for all testing related issues, provide the QA perspective, status reporting and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as insure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed.
· Work with assigned Product Teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management.
· Coordinate with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, & Use Case / User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
· Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.