Cisco VOIP Engineer
As a key role within Corporate IT, the VoIP Engineer will provide computer services and support to all USI offices and clients. This position's major responsibility area is to manage Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER), Cisco Presence Server (IM&P) and Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) as well as third party integrated technology. Participate on a team providing general Tier-2 and 3 services, to the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work with Senior Engineer to Implement, and/or maintain Cisco Unified Communications systems including but not limited to CUCM, CUC, UCCE, CUIC, CUPS, CUBE, CER, CVP, IM&P, Finesse, Jabber, etc
- Provide project design, development and installation support for Moves, Adds and Changes
- Maintain and support Cisco's IP Telephony and IPCC Contact Center Enterprise and all related Cisco IP telephony infrastructure
- Lead voice project resource for office moves and Acquisition including coordination of circuit installations and turn-ups, design call flows, based on business requirements and within USI Standards.
- Support preventative maintenance programs, disaster recovery plans and redundancy plans. Maintain and test these plans regularly.
- Perform the necessary documentation additions, updates and deletions to the in-house documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot Cisco Networks to diagnose root cause and resolve telephony issues.
- Willingness to work extended hours as workload and deadlines require; be on-call 24x7.
- Perform level 3 technical support and escalation for network and telecommunications voice issues.
- Perform operational and administration tasks and configuration changes. Recommend operational enhancements.
- Monitor and maintain our ticketing queue responding within service level requirements.
- Cisco Voice \ Collaboration certification is preferred (CCNA-Voice, CCNP-Voice)
- BA/BS degree in technical discipline preferred
- At least 3 years of Cisco Unified Communications troubleshooting, design and configuration experience
- Experience with Cisco CUCM, Unity Connect, Cube preferred
- Cisco Contact Center Enterprise experience preferred
- Telecommunications configuration, design and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with server operating systems (Linux, Windows) and application software
- Understanding of networking concepts and tools used for monitoring and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of voice and data communication protocols (H.323, SIP, LDAP, RTP, QoS)
- Cisco IOS experience required
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication and people skills
- Must be able to multitask, manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment