Senior Visual Designer - San Francisco
You are a Senior Visual Designer with 5+ years of experience working with web applications, specifically with front-end frameworks. Your primary interests lie in visual design principles and responsive UX product development, libraries, and patterns.
- Produce excellent hands-on visual design work, file setup, documentation specs, process tools, and deliverables that adhere to established and evolving components, accessibility, and UX guidelines and standards.
- Align with the Design Managers regarding vision and product strategies.
- Ensure the success of the Visual Design and broader User Experience team by developing long-term, collaborative relationships that aid your ability to successfully research and/or share design strategies, concepts, and feedback
- Design web-based, CSS-friendly animation experiences, particularly micro-interactions and choreography that enliven interfaces and add ease of use to complex flows.
- Attend project and status meetings as required, providing strong Visual Design presence and advocacy within cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years visual design experience featuring work in front-end frameworks such as Angular, Material, React, Bootstrap, etc., and contributions to a scalable design language and system.
- Concept development, prototyping, and optimizing final deliverables for all viewports, including work with technology, delivery of redline specs, and CSS guidance.
- Deep experience designing for web-based applications, and working with corporate brand identities.
- Familiarity with front-end mechanics, and HTML/CSS mechanics as they apply to responsive design, especially using responsive grid (flexbox).
- Build rapid prototypes based on user testing and research; working with accessibility experts; and helping to ideate, form, and implement team deliverables and systems.
- Expert fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Mac OS, and ability to work within an internal database and JIRA/Confluence.
- Designing with Accessibility compliance standards, and best UI practices.
- Work with large, cross-functional project teams, waterfall and iterative design and development processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or college-degree equivalent.