Cyber Security Engineer
DIRECT HIRE for someone with around 5 years of experience
Good compensation, benefits, and PTO
To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a qualified applicant, I will respond to you same business day. I placed the manager for this role.
This role will be part of a team that is in the process of building out an entirely new team to perform the security operations functions. This is an exciting time to be part of the security team as the candidate will have the ability to create and shape the program from the ground up, build security tools and programs from the start, really define what the security engineering and operations department will look like for years to come. Also, the team has the backing of the CISO and CISO, who both very much value the role that security plays within the enterprise, meaning that they take these responsibilities seriously and appreciate the work that they do on a daily basis
- Provide high level technical input into the design, deployment and operation of global IT Security management software and hardware devices including, but not limited to: AntiVirus defense, Intrusion Detection, encryption systems, authentication and access control systems, network scanning and vulnerability assessment, etc.
- Serve as an Incident leader on IT Security incident response team to handle incident investigations. Apply forensic investigation techniques to document root cause and impact of detected computer security incidents.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging cyber attack threats with potential to harm company systems and networks.
- Devise and implement countermeasures to mitigate potential security threats, especially those that are more complex and far reaching.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities that are applicable to systems and applications, determine their severity and urgency, work with the system owners to determine if and when corrective action will be taken, and perform necessary actions to verify that corrective actions were effective.
- Coordinate security assessments/reviews /audits of systems including applications, servers, firewalls, remote access logs, web and email filters.
- Review more complex existing applications periodically and new applications prior to installation to ensure that the applications adhere to security policies. Perform detailed risk analysis assessment of applications, networks and systems.
- Review and analyze security and privacy exceptions. Work with business partners to resolve security and privacy exceptions
- Perform, review, and analyze system compliance monitoring / reporting.
- Perform more complex network vulnerability / penetration testing and information security forensics investigations.
- Develop, revise and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instructions related to IT Security.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of information security engineering experience.
- In lieu of degree, 6 years of information security engineering experience.
- Proficient technical security systems and safeguard knowledge use in a complex system infrastructure including: firewall technologies , encryption based security safeguards and standards, major operating system security configurations data and network encryption technologies and products.
- Security technical expertise in one or more of distributed, mainframe, and midrange host environments Knowledge of Network security understanding in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment including TCP/IP, IPSEC, SSL and HTTP.
- Understanding of host and network intrusion detection, and monitoring systems and methodologies