Program Manager ( Healthcare Implementation )
The Program Manager is a senior implementation role responsible for successful delivery of implementation projects using the InterSystems implementation methodology. The Program Manager maintains a senior relationship between InterSystems and the customer throughout the project implementation cycle. He or she will ensure appropriate project/program governance and facilitate stakeholder management on customer and ISC side through steering committee operating mechanisms. The Program Manager will be the escalation point for customers, InterSystems and Implementation partners for implementation activity.
The Program Manager will oversee the work of Project Managers and Project Support Staff during implementations and reports to the Implementation Director.
- Be the ambassador to the customers for whom the solution is being implemented and be the escalation point between the customer and the Implementation Director.
- Oversee and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Provide leadership and guidance to the project team and use influential and persuasive skills to mobilize internal and external resource to achieve the necessary results
- Manage the Project and the processes therein - including the definition and on-going monitoring of the Project Implementation Document or Charter
- Define the project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Produce the Project Implementation Plan
- Produce and Manage the Project Plan
- Produce and Manage the Quality Plan
- Produce and Manage the Communications Plan
- Define the resource plan
- Carry out the management and escalation of risks and issues
- Manage the project budget
- Ensure that the project team members are aware of and remain compliant with all the relevant procedures and policies
- Proactively manage changes in project scope throughout the project
- Planning for risk and developing mitigation strategies
- Recognizing areas for internal improvement and developing plans for implementing them
- Ensure appropriate communication between the members of the project team and report on project progress and other project specific information to stakeholders
- Work proactively and collaboratively with other team members to achieve team goals and establish a culture of success and learning within the team
- Other duties may be directed by the company from time to time
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic about customer and team success
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Flexible in the face of change
- Ability to negotiate
- An extensive track record of managing and implementing large ERP/HIS projects.
- A strong background and understanding of healthcare activities; the ability to understand the needs of a successful healthcare/ hospital operation.
- Project Management experience delivering complex integrated Healthcare solutions in a customer facing role
- Experience of full project lifecycle through initiation, execution, go-live and closure
- Experience managing resources, time tracking, budgets and forecasting
- Experience leading a diverse / multi-disciplinedteam
- Experience communicating across all levels of an organization
- Available for consultation beyond normal business hours if necessary and willing to travel
- Knowledge and Experience with InterSystems technology is a bonus.