Data Modeler (Agile Environment)
BASIC PURPOSE :
The data modeler builds data models that describe data and its relationships in a consistent way to support business and technical objectives.
- Develop conceptual/subject area data models and data flow diagrams in an Agile Software Development environment
- Facilitate data requirements conversation with business and technical stakeholders resolving conflicts to drive decisions and consensus.
- Create, document, and maintain logical and physical database models that are compliant with enterprise standards
- Assist in establishing, maintaining, and enforcing data model design principles, techniques, and standards
- Establish and maintain comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships as well as the definition of business rules governing the integrity, archiving, and audit requirements of the data
- Analyze existing systems using manual or automated data analysis/profiling to reverse engineer data requirements.
- Determine suitable data modeling approach for each project based on business requirements for data capture and access
- Ensure the proposed data models follow data architecture guidelines and best practices
- Assist developers with complex query development and performance optimization
- Performs additional duties as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Data
- Processing, Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- Minimum three - five (3-5) years data modeling experience in an agile work-environment delivering transactional and operational, reporting/analytical (EDW/Data Lake/NoSQL) solutions
- Understanding of enterprise and reporting modeling concepts, including dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, schema on read, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys
- Experience with Embarcadero ER/Studio (preferred)
- Minimum three - five (3-5) years Relational database (Sybase, Oracle or MS SQL Server) experience (SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc.)
- One to three years Database Administration experience including tuning/optimization
- Industry: 3 years experience within the investment and mutual fund management industry, high level knowledge of securities & products, counterparties, positions, and transactions data
- Knowledge of Data Modeling in Agile Software Development Framework
- Ability to describe the role of data models in supporting diverse use cases such as business processes, BI, data migration or master data management (MDM)
- Experience with ETL (Informatica's PowerCenter), data quality, data profiling and ad-hoc query tools (preferred)