This individual will be a vital part of the Network team with the vision and experience required to build and improve LAN, WAN and Data Center Networks
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
- Acting as a subject matter expert build and maintain a network infrastructure that can deliver multi-tenant, multi-cloud capabilities as well as enterprise VoIP and Video services.
- In this position you will partner with infrastructure, devops, and application teams to deliver network solutions to complex problems.
- In the process demonstrating creativity and expertise to develop simple, standardized solutions that meet business and technical needs.
- Participate as level 3 escalation working with NOC and junior networking resources.
- Develop standards and reference documentation.
- Develop new methods to advance Infrastructure as Code through device management and automation.
- Participate on service restoration teams when critical problems arise - 24x7x365.
- Minimum of 5 years applicable Network experience
- Cisco CCNP, CCIE or other network certifications are preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to technical and business audiences.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to draft and document designs and standards.
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers
- Operational excellence with knowledge of ITIL practices
- 5+ years with WAN, such as BGP, MPLS, OTV
- 5+ years with LAN, such as QoS, EIGRP, OSPF, Multicast
- 5+ years with Cisco Catalyst line
- 2+ years with Cisco Nexus line
- 2+ years LAN design/architecture - data center and branch office levels
- Advanced problem resolution knowledge of hardware/software platform problems in complex, layered, network infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of network systems design principles and standards
- Advanced knowledge of packet capture and analysis
- Cisco ISE
- Meraki Wireless
- PaloAlto Firewalls
- Cisco ASA Firewalls and VPN
- F5 BigIP LTM / GTM
skills: Behavioral Characteristics:
- Customer service orientated
- Self-driven with a desire to learn and grow technical and business knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple efforts within tight time-lines
- Proactive in nature with an enthusiasm for issue resolution and improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.