Financial Systems Manager (CostPoint)
As the Financial Systems Manager, you will provide overall guidance and leadership to ensure the successful implementation, ongoing maintenance and continued improvement of the core financial accounting platform (Deltek - Costpoint). You will bring strong IT skills combined with practical experience and a good understanding of accounting principles and practices. You will be a vital member of the Corporate IT team and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
What you will do:
What you need:
- Provide Costpoint technical/functional expertise to support departments/customers and champion the adoption of best practices to include creation of training and manuals.
- Provide overall management, guidance and direction to ensure successful delivery of IT related financial project initiatives.
- Assist the business with resolving system errors. Provide first line support in managing helpdesk ticket. Liaison between internal users and Deltek customer support - Create, update and close out support tickets.
- Log and track Deltek and other vendor cases for system defects identified.
- Identified impact of patches onto key costpoint modules - develop regression and systems testing.
- Add and remove access for users as needed (New hires, terminations, etc.)
- Write/verify scripts to remedy issues.
- Support implementation of fixes and patches for the defects/enhancements during monthly and quarterly releases or on a needed basis.
- Play key role for the annual year-end roll forward project.
- Support internal control efforts in conjunction with our SOX compliance program.
- Manage interfaces and automated data jobs to ensure efficiency, and lead effort to migrate interfaces to current technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience delivering IT-related financial project initiatives
- 3+ years of experience working with Costpoint
- Knowledge of accounting, particularly government contractor regulations
- Extensive experience implementing / improving Accounting, HR, and Payroll processes
- Ability to trace transactions/processes through its full lifecycle and able to assess impact on all affected systems.
- Experience with developing Cognos reports
- Extensive experience working with SQL, data extraction, data transformation, and data loading.