The client's Cybersecurity Services (SCS) organization is responsible for implementing the firm's Cybersecurity strategy which includes security design and architecture, threat management and monitoring, data protection, identify and access management, application security, and implementing and operating the necessary security tools, controls and approaches to meet policies and standards. As a Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping various teams within SCS implement the Cybersecurity strategy.
This role is responsible for establishing and leading Cybersecurity-specific, cross-functional strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will lead a variety of projects including launching new security tools, remediating control gaps, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, and process reengineering. Projects may be focused on application development activities or infrastructure implementation. The successful candidate will also actively participate in efforts to implement an Agile/Scrum framework for the SCS organization.
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 2+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- 7+ years of project management experience, managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on product development, systems, and technical environments.
- Proven ability to quickly build relationships and earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools, experience with Agile / Scrum / Kanban / Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodologies.
- Ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Sound business and technical acumen.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, including the ability to inform and persuade technicians and managers, both written and verbally.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, negotiation, prioritization, good judgment, critical-thinking and decision-making skills; strong initiative; self-starter; self-directed; ability to multi-task
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to create documents and presentations that effectively communicate concepts to technical and executive audiences
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- BA/BS Degree.
In addition, ideal candidates will also have the following desired qualifications:
- PMP certification
- Background in the financial services industry
- Clear understanding of the roles of policies, standards and procedures within an IT organization
- Understanding of information security principles, best practices or security technologies