Project Manager-Cloud Application
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager to support our Sierra Cloud Application Support effort. There are dozens of identified cloud-based applications in HR, Global Ops and Marketing with no IT support, entitlement control, governance or release management. The scope of the project is to bring all cloud-based applications in HR/OPS/MKTG under an IT support model. The successful candidate will be experienced and motivated, with a strong sense of both urgency and project ownership.
This project will:
1) establish security exceptions across all known non-compliant cloud-based applications in HR/OPS/MKTG
2) determine disposition of application (Sunset or Invest)
3) determine whether each application has required security controls (Applications shall leverage federated Identity controls)
4) run project to make all applications compliant (process all integrations through Mulesoft)
5) convert project team to support team for governance and release management. The Project Manager must be able to effectively manage the impact to the broader organization, be detailed-oriented and communicate effectively across all levels of the enterprise.
- Support the Senior Project Manager supporting the VP - Digital Platform Services
- Manages Sierra project plan - including but not limited to cost, schedule, scope, and high quality deliverables.
- Manages execution of the project plan, stakeholder communications, and project status updates - documenting issues and risks around timeline and deliverables - escalating to management as appropriate
- Captures project scope and achieve agreement on deliverables and completion dates in partnership with various stakeholders
- Interviews all business and technical stakeholders to complete a full list of impacted applications complete with contact information, entitlement status, SSO status, data classification, data protection status, integration status and basic contract details (term, cost, renewal)
- Requests and tracks all security exceptions for impacted applications
- Establishes "run-the-business" processes for bringing all impacted applications into compliance with security requirements
- Delivers fully documented support processes for impacted applications
- Ensures technical documentation is kept up to date (process diagrams/documentation, technical documents, etc.)
- Ensures that all capabilities delivered align with original business objectives and requirement
Required Experience & Education
- A proven functional/technical professional with 10+ years' experience as a Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study
- Scrum Master Certification and/or PMP are a strong plus
- Experience with Jira and Confluence and plus
Required Skills & Behaviors
- Proven project leadership skills with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize tasks - notably balancing and prioritizing multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated mastery working with internal stakeholders solving complex problems and handling large scale projects
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions - demonstrated ability to translate business issues into IT solutions
- Ability to evaluate risks and define approaches for managing project risks.
- Ability to manage expectations with business and IT stakeholders in terms of deadlines and scope.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills.