Sr. Oracle Application DBA
Provides primary application DBA support for the Oracle Server database platforms in support of multiple business units on a global basis.
Experience with Oracle technologies. Looking for individuals that have experience with Oracle Replication and ANY Data Comm experience. Must have experience with Active Directory along with Security.
This contract position will also work service request and incident tickets from a ticket queue.
- Responsible for DBA administrative activities
- Participate in physical design, creation, and maintenance of databases
- Apply table and view modifications
- Monitor and tune data base performance
- Consult in design of efficient tables and indexes
- Provide recovery of data bases as necessary
- Create and schedule regular backup processes
- Maintain security of data bases by granting and revoking of privileges for individuals and groups. Adhere to company standards.
- Carry out entitlement reviews at the request of business units or AGT
· Provide highly skilled technical support for databases on ORACLE SERVER platforms
· Ensure data integrity and compliance for databases
· Analysis and resolution of database related incidents and problems
· Support for both customer and initiated change requests
· Support for data loads/migration and transformation activities
· Support change requests from customers performing impact analysis, operational acceptance, DBA task preparation and execution in line with customer requirements, priorities and agreed SLAs
· Manage change requests for DBA initiated changes ensuring accurate and timely communication and coordination of changes across and customer teams as per current standards and procedures
· Perform required analysis and resolution of database incidents to root cause. Hand off incidents to other support teams in a timely manner to ensure full resolution within agreed SLAs
· Performance monitoring of application databases to identify any possible issues or constraints likely to impact business functionality and/or availability.
· Analysis and resolution of performance related issues
· Identification and management of database related operational risks including documentation, escalation and resolution (if appropriate)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
- Relevant work experience
- Experience with ORACLE Server Management Studio, RedGate, Iderra, 2016 Data Migration Assistant
- Experience with AWS or Microsoft Cloud technologies
- Oracle version 11 & 12, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer and TOAD