- 18 mo Contract to Hire
- St. Louis, MO (Maryland Heights)
Client is looking for a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner (PO) to support leading the execution and delivery of software releases in a Scaled Agile development environment. The PO is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of the product or feature. The PO is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle.
- Responsible for leading and motivating the Agile development team, maximizing the value of the product and effective management of the product backlog.
- Responsible for providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout a project. Must be able to collaborate with team members and stakeholders to identify, review and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
- Coordinate with product management to develop specifications and User Stories that satisfy business requirements and align with the business value.
- Collaborates with CX/UX to ensure design standards and best practices are utilized in wireframe design and product development.
- Facilitate meetings to clarify business and system requirements as needed.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Work with business, stakeholders and other invested parties to create product roadmaps and goals, set priorities when appropriate and escalate issues and dependencies when needed.
- Develop or assist development managers in creating implementation plans, scheduling of project milestones and documentation of production support processes.
- Attends scrum meetings, planning sessions, retrospectives (as invited by team). Facilitates presentations on behalf of their team during sprint demos and quarterly PI planning sessions
- Actively participate in root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Identify risks and proactively minimize the impact(s).
- Ability to diagnose data related problems.
- Active role in system incident management and Change Process.
- Ability to work across multiple projects with varying priorities.
- Ability to understand system architecture and infrastructure as it pertains to requirements gathering.
- Act as product steward and client advocate in work related to the product.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, courtesy, respect, and professionalism while interacting with clients, project team members, employees, and business contacts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years' experience working in product management or product development
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs into business requirements and user stories
- Ability to interact comfortably with clients and end users of the system
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and decompose high-level information into details
- Strong documentation skills using a variety of tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence
- Ability to successfully interact with various levels within the organization, including senior management
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work across the organization to deliver on initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives / priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong presentation, communication, listening and influencing skills
- Ability to understand systems engineering concepts
- Experience with working with dislocated teams to identify and coordinate system and resource dependencies
- An Agile mindset with an understanding of the Standard SDLC processes