job summary: Only GC holders and US Citizens apply. Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for assisting with the design, implementation and support of a 24x7x365, mission critical service provider Optical and DWDM network for Internet, Phone and Video.
- Day-to-day provisioning, operation and support of Fujitsu FLASHWAVE 7420, Cisco ONS and Ciena DWDM platforms including provisioning of new circuits and services.
- Day-to-day operation of JDSU optical testing equipment and detailed analysis of testing results. Base Models include TB5800, TB6000, TB8000, ETB2000T and OLP-38. Modules include OTDR, AP, PMD, CD and OSA.
- Day-to-day operation of JDSU P5000i Digital Analysis Microscope and FiberChekPRO Analysis Software.
- Assist with the design, installation and configuration of complete DWDM/optical infrastructures as directed by the Director of Network Engineering.
- Assisting with the design and development of DWDM best practices.
- Documentation of network designs and configuration.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
location: Miami Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses and/or Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge of Corning SMF-28, SMF-28e+, LEAF and Multimode Optical Fiber required.
- Knowledge of SC/APC, SC/UPC and 1.25mm LC/UPC fiber optic connector assemblies required.
- Knowledge of optical fiber microscope inspection and cleaning procedures required.
- Knowledge of base level fiber characterization best practices for OTDR with pulse suppression cable assemblies a plus.
- Knowledge of DWDM based transport solutions and concepts required.
- Working knowledge of 1, 10 and 100Gbps Ethernet and OTN switching required.
- Knowledge of SONET a plus.
- Knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+) required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP required.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent DWDM/optical certification a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Valid driver's license, with proven good record within guidelines.
- Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
- Travel required..
qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree in an Information Technology area or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience required as an Optical Engineer.
skills: Minimum 3 years' experience required as an Optical Engineer.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.