We have a 12 month contract for a Technical Lead with a client of ours in Cary, NC.
Top 3 Core Attributes ?1. Establishes a technical vision with the development team(s) and works with developers to turn it into reality.
2. Talks on traits that other roles may have, such as a Team Lead, Architect, or Software Engineering Manager but remains hands-on with code
3. Brings a unique blend of leadership and management skills applied in a technical context with a team of developers or multiple teams
Role Value Proposition
We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Lead to provide technical leadership to the design, development and adoption of our next generation Sales and Serving platform globally. This global platform lays down the foundation for our overall digital strategy across the enterprise. This hands-on architect will help us drive and execute delivery of this platform to our locations, partners and subsidiaries worldwide. As a strategic thinker with technical depth, this person will collaborate with partners, vendors and scale the platforms' design, development and adoption.
- A developer responsible for leading development team
- Establishes tech vision with development team, and works with developers to turn it into reality
- Talks on aspects that other roles have (team lead, architect, engineering manager) but remains hands-on with code
- More hands-on than engineering manager
- Hands-on architect
- Must help team to build systems not software
- Should have enough experience to look at technical choices facing a team, and advise them based on past experiences
- Leads the design, development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems within the platform.
- Advises on the technology possibilities and requirements.
- Defining best technical and development practices
- Promptly escalate and report issues which affect design, delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence
- Minimum 8+ years of design and development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical lead
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable and resilient distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and apply abstract design concepts
- Demonstrated interpersonal and consultative skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be able to provide effort estimates and plan for required deliverables, projects
- Strong experience in software quality governance
- Excellent coordination skills to work with partners
- Desirable: Groovy
- HTML5, LESS, SASS, React
- Desirable: Relay, Redux, GraphQL
- NodeJS, Azure, Docker, Git, Linux, Apache, NGINX
- Desirable: Zuul, Eureka, Hystrix, Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, AppDynamics, Graph