Cloud Governance Architect
Technology Solutions Architect
This individual would report to the Infrastructure team, with a focus on cloud and infrastructure as a service. Healthcare and retail industry relevant experience with strong infrastructure knowledge is preferred. They will act as a bridge by ensuring the LoB application requirements confirm to the client's reference cloud architecture.
Primary focus will be on establishing standards, controls and governance for a global Azure cloud infrastructure. Experience with enterprise cloud environments is required, with global experience highly preferred. Consultant will develop client's governance processes, such as subscription access, security standards and overall cloud service catalog. Client is currently in the process of automation of cloud processes, and in need of consultants to assist in building out the overall standards.
· Possession of fundamental skills of a solution architect with ability to inquire and resolve vague requirements
· Ability to analyze existing systems through an interview process with technology SMEs to develop a complete end-to-end Current State Architecture to drive and define the Future State Architecture within a cloud environment. Experience with Azure highly preferred, with other cloud technologies such as AWS acceptable.
· Takes a holistic view and communicate to others to be able to understand the enterprise view to ensure coherence of all aspects of the project as an integrated system
· Perform gap analysis between current state and the future state architecture to identify single points of failure, capabilities, capacity, fault tolerance, hours of operation (SLA), change windows,
· Strong verbal and written communication with proven skills in facilitating the design sessions.
· Able to influence, conceptualize, visualize and communicate the target architecture.
· Able to communicate complex technical or architecture concepts in a simple manner and can adapt to different audiences
· Ability to work independently and market architecture best practices, guidelines, standards, principles, and patterns while working with infrastructure and technology project teams
· Ability to document end-to-end application transaction flows through the enterprise
· Ability to document the technology architecture decision process, and if required develop relevant templates
· Resolve conflicts within infrastructure and application teams, business units and other architects
· Identify opportunities to cut cost without sacrificing the overall business goals.
· Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives / options
· Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
· PUndersstanding of existing client physical technology stack (HP, DELL, IBM technology stack: MB/MQ, WAS, WTX, DataPower, PURE AS, BPM, ODM, PureFlex, Power Systems, Sterling, Rational, Oracle (ODA, Exadata, Oracle on AIX, ODI)) as it relates to migration to the Azure cloud.