Application Programmer Analyst
The Enterprise SharePoint Services (ESS) - Intranet Technologies (iTech) group, a team within Corporate Technology (CT)/Enterprise Information Technology (EIT), is looking for an Application Programmer Analyst to join our team and contribute to business intelligence reporting and dashboard projects and also with production support for our existing BI applications and systems.
- The Enterprise SharePoint services team operates several very large SharePoint farms that host intranet sites which numerous lines-of-business within the Bank use for publishing content, sharing information for internal team collaboration, and for light business process applications and workflows.
- Our BI applications extract data from SharePoint sites and from other data sources that relate to the management/operation of SharePoint sites. That information is stored in a data warehouse, and presented in various reports and dashboards to site owners and business partners to help them manage the sites according to the company governance policies.
- The intended role for this new position will be to act as a report developer and dashboard designer using information that is gathered and stored in the SharePoint operations and management data warehouse.
- We want somehow who has the ability to analyze requirements for reporting and data presentation, and decide on the most effective, informative visual presentation of the needed information.
- This need will require refined listening skills, ability to interpret unclear or general instructions into actionable tasks.
- Part of this person's role is to insure query operations are fast, efficient, and reliable, and that reports and dashboards built according to the company data security and secure coding standards.
- This position will be responsible for working directly with business partners who have new reporting and data visualization needs. Frequent interaction and collaboration with the ETL (back end systems) developer is also necessary.
- Finding/fixing errors and bugs in the existing reports, charts, and dashboards;
- Identifying and diagnosing any performance or slow-load issues with reports, charts, and dashboards.
- Creating new reports, charts, and dashboards when new data elements or new data sources are added.
- Maintaining a list of Support and Enhancement tasks and a work backlog in TFS.
- Participating in sprint planning and project meetings to keep track of work that is underway, insuring that project milestones and release dates are met.
- Working with the ETL/Data warehouse developer to make sure that queries and report performances are acceptable and continue to remain that way as data quantity grows over time.
- Design and implement processes to help track popularity and usefulness of the reports, charts, and dashboard that we implement.
- Coordinate report, chart, and dashboard testing efforts with multiple testing teams; coordinate with other groups to plan and schedule project releases.
- This may occasionally require work to take place after normal business hours or more rarely, on weekends.
- Approximately 4 years of report, charts and dashboard authoring experience; at least two years of work should involve use of Tableau for these tasks.
- 4+ years of MS SQL Server Reporting Service experience (SSRS)
- 2+ years of web user interface development
- Experience with T-SQL, MDX, PL-SQL, Teradata SQL, or other data querying experience.
- C# experience
- MS Visual Studio experience is a plus
- SharePoint experience is a huge plus (will put candidate over the top)
- Experience with other enterprise-scale analytics reporting and presentation tools (Business objects, MicroStrategy, MS PowerPivot, etc.)
- 2+ years of using TFS, Git ,SVN or other enterprise source control systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- DB2 and Teradata experience is a plus