Automation Test Engineer- BioTech/MedDevice
Software Test Engineer- BioTech/MedDevice
The software test engineer will join a small and highly effective software QA team, working side-by-side with developers in an Agile environment, developing test cases for a wide range of software components, including user interface, algorithms, and back-end data handling.
The position will also include automating test scripts, manual execution of tests, and interacting with a variety of electronic equipment in the lab.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements.
- Record and track defects in a bug tracking system.
- Design, develop and execute test cases and test protocols to prove system functionality, verify business and user requirements are met.
- Ensure that tests have been conducted in accordance with written procedures.
- Document test results and write test reports.
- Provide testing estimation, testing status and test reports on a timely manner.
- Review requirements and design specifications. Review other technical documents.
- Update software traceability metrics and ensure traceability of testing to requirements and vice versa.
- Share knowledge and demonstrate product areas to other team members on ad hoc basis.
- Assist in determining test methodology, test strategy and test data setup.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, product review meetings, bug triage meetings and etc.
- Work closely with software development team, hardware engineering team, field support team, and other cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience as a software test engineer. ew graduates with outstanding academic records are also encouraged to apply.
- A strong CS background, preferably BS/MS in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of test automation is a plus,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural attention to detail and a penchant for organizing and documenting.
- A good learner who can master complex software and quickly adapt to new tools and technologies.
- Working knowledge of bug tracking tools. Understanding of bug life cycles.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum development environment
- Ability to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
- Follow company policy regarding ISO and FDA documentation and compliance for medical device.
- Some programming experience is a great to have.
- Working knowledge of C++, Phython is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of signal processing and medical image processing
- Matlab is also desirable.