Head of Portfolio Management Technology
This team is responsible for building and maintaining core portfolio management infrastructure in support of the Portfolio Management teams across all asset classes. The position is for an individual who can build this team and capability in support of tools used globally by Portfolio Managers. The successful candidate will have the responsibility to execute on software development projects from start to finish
The candidate needs to have a deep understanding of portfolio construction, research and risk reporting solutions that offer essential insights into the constantly evolving state of raising alpha and managing risk. We are looking to build a sophisticated suite of tools and flexible open platform technology to unify the view of risk across front, middle and back office functions, helping to drive efficiency and bring transparency to performance.
- Building out a PM technology function from ground up.
- Lead development of a portfolio management research application
- Build out an automated stock screening, filtering mechanism in support of portfolio construction
- Build out a collaboration platform connecting all front office functions
- Lead the design and execution of tailored and ad-hoc investment and risk analyses, driving solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to build for high-quality independent quantitative research.
- Excellent programming skills in an object-oriented language such as C++, Python, or Java.
- Ability to manipulate data with a scripting language for prototyping purposes
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra) is desired
- Participate in an agile team, using Atlassian tools (JIRA/BitBucket/Bamboo)
- Self-motivated candidate who can build high performance teams
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in financial services, financial technology or consulting. Strong subject matter expertise and strong interest in equity, fixed income, or multi asset desirable.
- Academic degree in Financial Engineering, CFA, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Management or some other quantitative field of study desirable
- Knowledge of the Emerging Market landscape a huge plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Knowledge of various analytics systems/tools and their underlying analytical models is desirable. Strong quantitative skills are required
- Experience with scripting, visualization tools, programming languages e.g. R, Python, SAS, VBA and SQL, is desirable
- Excellent problem solving abilities, and experience understanding complex issues