Title: System Administrator
Duration: 3-6 month contract with possible extension
Location: Bethesda, MD
The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for the administration of core
systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures
consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
- Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration
management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
- Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware,
server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
- Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose system problems;
documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of
action and implements as approved.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance
pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly
performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolution to complex
matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of
- Oversees the installation of client department?specific applications and systems.
- Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures;
determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures
changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends
revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to
possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Active Directory, RHEL, Netbackup, Remote Desktop Services
- Should be Very responsive and effective communicator
- 5+ years of relevant experience