Communications and Web Services Specialist
Randstad Technologies is seeking a Communications and Web Services Specialist to support websites, general communications and marketing efforts, and the Association Management System (AMS). The specialist will need to communicate new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing systems to internal and external constituencies. We are seeking a high-energy team player with initiative, a strong work ethic, ability to easily collaborate with several association departments, and demonstrated capacity to work closely with the diverse international membership. This role will evaluate and translate end-user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate.
- Support the continual improvement of the Association website, incorporating a content management system; managing the site's modification, expansion, and improvement in alignment with the Associations communications and membership development strategies, and ensuring that the website is accurate, timely, complete, and reflects best practice in terms of structure, navigation, design, and content presentation.
- Serve as a resource for staff assigned to web content editing duties. Train content contributors on use of content management system, and generate task-specific documentation on web applications and CMS.
- Experience in web development, database administration and content management.
- Knowledge of web social and multimedia technologies.
- Serve as a technical support to staff and members and provide training as needed.
- Provide web site and AMS/database support to staff and members.
- Conduct research on products and contribute to creative and innovative approaches to enhancing web services.
- Maintain functionality and integrity of the associations AMS and other databases (WordPress, eNOAH, DotNetNuke).
- Establish and maintain updated guidelines and documentation to ensure consistency in the use of databases (SOPs).
-Assist with maintaining AMS database user accounts and passwords with outside IT support vendor.
- Develop and execute regular and ad hoc reports and queries for staff and members as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
- This person must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone.
- Vision correctable to 20/40 is required to review written material.
- Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
- Little or no safety or health hazards.
- Minimal lifting or climbing.
- Work performed in an office setting.