Our client in Sacramento, CA is looking for a Systems Administrator. This will start out as a contract with the potential to convert to a permanent employee.
The Systems Administrator plays a vital role in assuring the computer systems function as expected, are maintained on a regular schedule, are backed up for the purposes of disaster recovery, and are protected from internal and external threats. This position is responsible for many core systems including e-mail, antivirus, patch management, and desktop software management. The System Administrator has the responsibility to track assets as they move in and out of service, document implementation and security procedures, and complete all trouble tickets associated with these core systems.
· Introduce new computer systems into current setups for optimum Information Services (IS) functions. · Troubleshoot IS systems when there is an issue reported by computer users.
· Perform regular checks to make sure all systems are working fine and up to date.
· Create, operate, modify, and deactivate username and passwords for all employees in Active Directory.
· Preform data backups and administration periodically installing and maintaining software updates.
· Train Helpdesk support personnel about the maintenance of new systems, workstations and other general office equipment attached to the network.
· Update working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, RAID types, Windows 2008, 2012 Servers through training when approved my Manager.
· Create and maintain virtual servers per business requirements.
· Maintain and administer SAN technologies, enterprise anti-virus, patch management, security mitigation software suites, and enterprise email technologies.
· Participate and advise on disaster recovery and business continuity planning and backup energy systems.
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelors' Degree in Computer Information Science, Management Information Systems, or a similar discipline.
· 4 years' experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role solving hardware and software problems.
· Certified VM Ware, VCP, MCSE highly desired.
· Knowledge of anti-virus and anti-hacking using firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
· Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO, is a plus
· Proficient computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.