Our client located in Lafayette, Illinois, is seeking SQA Engineer who is an experienced QA Analyst to join our high-profile team. This individual will be responsible for delivering excellent software products to an international audience. This is a challenging and exciting position where you will conduct and lead testing activities on embedded firmware projects within the Smart Meter Systems department.
Required Job Skills:
- Leading the development and execution of test plans, scripts and cases, the design and implementation of test environments, and the identification and management of issues for each development project
- ·A solid understanding of quality assurance and quality control processes and information systems development is required
- Communicate with the product team on product issues and work with minimal supervision.
- Participate in product design meetings, release planning and scheduling
- Provide scope, resource and time estimates for various projects presented to the FW QA department for testing or analysis
- Provide FW QA test progress reports as appropriate to management
- Perform complex testing tasks requiring analysis, planning, scheduling, and testing, to ensure the developed software meets the design specifications and/or customer requirements
- Exercise leadership by recommending best practices and testing strategies to the engineering organization to meet quality goals, including the development of standards, procedures, policies and guidelines related to the Firmware Quality Assurance testing areas
- Serve as a resource for and extend the technological expertise of the QA team by researching, designing and implementing state-of-the-art testing practices and tools
- Assist all levels of firmware engineers, and project managers with design, testing, prototype building, test data set creation, and other activities related to testing
- Must be extremely adaptive in responding to ad hoc testing issues that arise, and still be able to successfully multi-task and prioritize to meet scheduled testing objectives
- Provide project leadership by effectively managing QA initiatives during each scrum sprint. Plan, schedule, and execute assignments to sprint milestones. Deliver on aggressive goals and commitments. Handle changing priorities during sprint and release phases with minimum supervision
- Design and develop test plans, test scripts and test cases.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of FW QA test environments.
- Design and develop test data to be used during the testing of various test projects.
- Perform detailed review of requirements documents and work with customers to refine the requirements such that they are both singular and testable.
- Design and recommend test strategies and write test plans based on a comprehensive understanding of product architecture.
- Write and run complex manual and automation test cases/scripts/suites. Write bug reports and verify bug fixes, and troubleshoot applications.
Required/Desired Education & Certifications
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance processes and each phase of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Strong understanding of SQA, testing methodologies, metrics and processes
- Strong technical background in performance, load and volume testing in a multi-tier computing environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Use of proper scientific methodology is required (Define hypothesis, test hypothesis using reproducible experimental practices, peer review and reporting)
- Ability to derive boundary cases and equivalence classes from a software/firmware specification and quickly produce a minimum test data set
- A clear understanding of risk based testing and assessment is required. Also mandatory is the ability to debug and reproduce software/firmware problems, to write functional, stress, integration, white box, etc. tests to cover specified business rules and standards.
- Ability to provide feedback at software/firmware design reviews from a QA prospective is required, and includes an assessment of the testability, scalability, usability, and maintainability of the proposed design.
- Ability to utilize standard computer applications proficiently as they are related to software/firmware development and testing. Such programs may include, but are not limited to: MS Office suite, Visual Studio, and various editions of Windows
- Experience with Automated Test Tools
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and 7-9 years of engineering experience, or master's degree in engineering or related field and 1-3 years of engineering experience.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Membership in a quality-related organization (e.g. SQA, QAI) and/or any of the following software/firmware testing-related certifications is highly desirable:
- Certified Software/firmware Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software/firmware Tester (CSTE), Certified Software/firmware Project Manager (CSPM), Certified Software/firmware Test Professional (CSTP), Certified Test Manager (CTM), or similar.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting project, please send your resume to Drew @ 678-893-4948
or send resume to drew.buttwerworth@ randstadusa.com