We cannot work with Third Party candidates for this job. Candidates must be able to work on W2.
General Technical Skills:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Define the Automation strategy and develop the automation test plan for the tasks, dependencies and to mitigate the risks associated with system quality and report to Test lead/Project Manager.
- Setup, configure, and maintain the automated testing environments and framework using HP Unified Functional Test (UFT)
- Designs, modifies, implements and executes automation test scripts
- Develop optimize UFT scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration Files
- Enhance the test scripts with VB scripts and develop user-defined functions for frequent reuse
- Establish and maintain test data
- Mentor and coach other members of the software quality team, along with assisting in the training of members
- Automate scripts with minimal direction; should be able to work independently
- Provide insight and metrics on value and progress of Automation Team and automated testing based on work
- Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practices with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy, test cases, and test scripts.
- S trong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and develop test scripts.
- Strong understanding of basic SQL queries, GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition issues.
Experience in ERP and PeopleSoft systems a plus
Experience in Performance/Stress testing is a plus.
Required Software Specific Skills
- Extensive hands on experience on developing test automation framework from scratch for both web UI testing and non-GUI testing of web-based/client server or ERP Applications
- 5-7+ years of experience in automation testing
- In depth knowledge in QTP/UFT Frameworks and Descriptive Programming (VB Script)
- Thorough understanding of Keyword Driven Framework and BPT framework
- Experience test driven development and automated unit testing
- Good experience with Reusable object repositories and Reusable functions
- Good knowledge in Business Objects Automation is preferable
- Knowledge in XML file validations and batch validations
- Good SQL, PL-SQL skills
- Expert in ALM/Quality Center.
- Ability to independently research, methodically trouble shoot, and resolve complex problems
- Excellent time management and communication skills