Product Operations Manager
Product Operations Manager, Mobile Apps
The Product Operations Manager, Mobile Apps will focus on the operations, in-market product integrity, and new-release quality for mobile apps. The Product Operations Manager, Mobile Apps will work collaboratively with Engineering, product management, product design, web operations, partner iOT cloud providers, and Business teams to develop end-to-end operational structure, release strategy and cadence, and in-market operations improvements for existing and future smart home products. These products require coordination and alignment across multiple software, hardware and business teams. The product operations manager will be responsible for product readiness process and schedule, new-release end to end quality oversight, and establishing in-market operations processes to drive a quality customer experience for Insignia smart home product customers.
- Effectively translate business strategies, product roadmaps and marketing timelines into a operations structure and go-to-market schedule, aligning dependencies across teams and ensuring end-to-end process aimed at ensuring quality new product releases.
- Work within a matrix organization collaborating with business stakeholders, user experience (UX) teams, project managers, product managers, technology operations, engineers, customer support and merchant teams.
- Act as a leader within the team, driving quality-focused process. Identify improvement opportunities in our current product delivery operations; Uncover the bottlenecks in the go to market process and work with PMs to create systematic solutions.
- Review release-readiness and app experience for quality, functional completeness, and stability, working with a QA team, hardware and software engineering teams, and customer experience teams.
What would a normal day for this position look like??
- Own reporting and communications across stakeholder groups. Own coordination with enterprise customer care, delivery of new product support processes and documents, customer communications in app store reviews, and own customer-facing digital content in interactive forums.
We plan product releases, including product features and supporting cloud platform needs, and in-store ship date targets many months in advance. We build app features in 2-week sprints, and in an agile fashion. You will work with the Director of Mobile App product and other Senior Product Managers on the mobile app team, senior product leaders within the Exclusive Brands product team and Connected Home merchant team, and partner teams to derive a operational structure and processes to deliver against the product go-to-market plan. You will align with supporting service engineering teams and other product owners to align dependencies and delivery schedules, and report status and risks to program leaders and stakeholders. You will own understanding current in-market performance and customer needs, and reporting on current state, and partnering with operations and product teams on recommending courses of action to improve customer experience for in-market and planned new products.
You will be instrumental in reviewing quality of new app releases, and partnering with internal and external testing teams to assess release readiness.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years Project management, technical operations management, or product owner experience with consumer-facing software products, SaaS, or PaaS, consumer products or technology company with experience in web, software.
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
- scrum manager experience with mobile application development teams
- Experience in in-market operations with consumer-facing software, SaaS, PaaS products.
- Delivery experience with consumer-facing hardware products.
- Ability to understand basic and complex architectural diagrams and data flows
- Experience with iOT platforms, connected/smart electronic devices
- Experience with varied production methodologies such as forms of Agile development and/or Lean Development
- Track record of project execution; completing and shipping excellent products on time and on budget
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles with medium to large teams to achieve a common goal
- Experience with Jira/Atlassian product workflow tools