Technical Animator needed for contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA
This role involves supporting the art team by creating pipelines and assets to achieve high quality animated game content, especially characters, for our games.
- Maintain a high, consistent quality bar on animation assets in cinematics and in-game content.
- Ingest and drive character motion capture from delivery through pipeline and into game.
- Work with tech artists and developers to shepherd characters and other animations through the pipeline into the game.
- Basic rigging and animation ability to tweak and update content on assets.
- Update and simplify the animation pipeline through tools recommendations or hands-on scripting.
- Monitor the impact of in-game animations on performance and work with the team to solve issues.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or similar
- 2+ years in technical animator position or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth industry knowledge of character and animation pipelines including motion capture
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max and MotionBuilder preferred.
- Experience with ZBrush or MudBox for character creation
- Experience working with outsourcing studios
- Ability to create rigs and script a plus
- Experience with Granny 3D animation system a plus
While we're looking for someone who has knowledge of traditional animator, we're mainly focused on someone with a more technical mindset, who has experience with rigging and complex skinning. They'll be helping us prototype in the character space, but since most/all of us don't have character subject matter expertise, they'll also need to be somewhat self-driven (able to experiment and communicate their needs to our tech art and tools team) With that, our top needs:
- Rigging and skinning experience (minimum 2-3 years)