The Cloud Collaboration Platform team is primarily responsible for a wide variety of services required to support multiple Cloud collaboration application microservices in a DevOps model. As a Cloud Engineer you will "go deep" on one or more platform services used by dependent microservices, working closely with the associated application engineering team on production readiness.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design, code, test and deploy various data and queueing services in Python used to support the development and operations of microservices by product development teams.
- Performance and scale engineering of products and technologies such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Postgres, Riak, Redis, and RabbitMQ.
- Implement automation in Python/Bash to perform the day to day operations functions of the cloud collaboration platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the cloud collaboration platform; implement long term fixes and automation to avoid repeat failures in the future.
- Participate in on-call rotations with platform team for platform related services.
Minimium requirements for this role are as follows:
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 3 years of experience including experience with open source technologies, automated configuration, DevOps, or cloud automation development
- Experience in Python a must
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development,
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Desirable knowledge of any one of the open source technologies such as Docker, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Postgres, Riak, Redis, and RabbitMQ
- Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed
- Cloud enabling technology (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CFEngine desirable