AWS - Engineering Architect
This role encompasses a range of responsibilities, including requirements gathering, coding, developing, and ultimately, analyzing the results. Within this role, the Sr. Engineer must be able to work with business leaders to interpret their business objectives, and translate those objectives into technical requirements. Large data sets may be leveraged from various sources to join and analyze.
Given the ever-changing industry, the team's analytical projects provide new and innovative opportunities to use big data in ways that support leading edge initiatives. Projects may include analytics in determining effective and efficient advertising, targeting of select segments, as well as analytics providing ROI on new advertising strategies. With every project will come opportunities to work with other engineering, research, marketing and BI teams across multiple areas within the company.
- Large data sets may be leveraged from various sources to join and analyze.
- Defining, developing and documenting standard requirements and methodologies for analytics.
- Integrating business knowledge with technical functionalities.
- Providing consultative direction to develop long term objectives to achieving business objectives.
- Working with other members of cross-functional team, third party vendors and business partners to deliver quality products in a timely fashion
Skills needed in order of importance:
SQL Server - must
AWS (Amazon Web Services) - must
Hadoop - must
Oracle - preferred
Vertica - nice to have
Python - nice to have