Network Engineer Senior
Voice Operations, Senior Job Description
The Voice Operation Senior position will be part of the Network and Voice Operations team within the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible to provide operation support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise Voice projects; including the evaluation, design, implementation and troubleshooting of network and voice infrastructure technologies and solutions.
- Support critical projects in the areas of Enterprise Voice, Trader Voice, Contact Center and Unified Communications over Cisco Unified Computing System and UCaaS.
- Provide technical guidance for implementation plans and perform product installation, deployment support, and upgrades.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware, software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Understand and advocate Network and Voice standards, reference architectures and robust/scalable/secure Network & Voice infrastructure, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Stay current with developing technologies and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Development of process flows, standard operation procedures, implementation and support documentation.
- Support Voice Operation including 24x7 On-call rotations.
- College Degree or equivalent experience and Cisco CCNP or higher.
- Qualified candidates will have 7 to 10 years of hands-on Cisco UCC experience.
- Qualified applicants need to specialize in Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies.
- Candidate must have enterprise configuration experience with the following: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, IM & Presence, Jabber Client, SIP, QOS, Contact Center Express, Expressway C and E, MCU, Conductor, TS, TMSXE.
- Technical background on Cisco Voice Gateways and SBC (CUBE) and Telco configuration (ISDN / POTS / PRI / SIP).
- An understanding of network switching and routing as related to a Unified Communications and Voice over IP networks, including SIP and H.323 protocol suites.
- An understanding of Quality of Service and its implementation related to all relate real time protocols.
- Experience with network protocols such as Domain Name Service (DNS), NTP, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), IP Routing (OSPF, BGP).
- An understanding of VMware 6.0 including but not limited to vSphere and vCenter, vMotion.
- An understanding of FlexPod Data Centers with UCS B-Series and Nexus 5K, 7K and EMC XTREMEIO storage.