IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
As a project manager, your primary responsibilities will consist of leading cross functional teams delivering a superior customer-centric platform consisting of people, process and technology that allows complete interaction with the customer at the work place and beyond related to the new growth products in the overall Pharmacy business. You will need a cross functional skill set Project Manager/ BA-SA Requirements Manager to manage projects which integrate with our vendor engagements that require waterfall delivery methodologies. PM/BA-SA would be responsible for managing the work effort as appropriate across the project initiatives, coordinates activities between teams, to ensure delivery. Facilitate, define and write business requirements based on contractual obligations and Operating Model with our Vendors that stipulate the need to supply business requirements, approve Functional Req., and supply and approve any Non-functional requirements as applicable per project. Support Clarity records, Rally updates, meeting facilitation and gating sign off with vendors. Align/Manage matrixed relationships with internal teams for seamless project delivery:
- Vendor Test Coordinator/Test Lead who manages the Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Plan, Test data initiatives across the project with vendors, impacted areas and PIPD team and
- Solution Arch, Technical SME, other ASG's and other impacted Shared Services areas (PIPD, Readiness, Release Management, Prod support) etc...
Resources must be highly motivated, driven to succeed, have proven IT leadership skills and have demonstrated expertise in managing large scale IT application delivery in a matrixed environment. He/She must be able to motivate change as well as a strategic thinker who understands the big picture.
Our team is in agile transition and this role is required to manage waterfall projects, but the candidate should be aware that the roles within Pharmacy will be continuing to change and the position will transition to an agile role with the organizational agile transformation.
What are the Key Responsibilities?
The successful Project Manager will:
What are the Qualifications?
- Be accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative with vendor engagement
- Manage and drive work across vendors and/or multiple internal areas
- Ensure Waterfall/Agile methodologies meet up for testing, readiness and implementation
- Ensure vendor contractual obligations are met for project delivery (i.e. Requirements, Tiering of estimates, Billing, Gating, SLA metrics)Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, & reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
- Accountable for financial management of project(s)
- Technically savvy and able to get to detail levels and drive the project(s)
- Build an environment of trust and open information. Sharing lessons learned, perceptions and best practices openly with the teams
- See how things can be done rather than why they can't be done
- Communicate clearly with vendor teams in multiple diverse locations, ensuring that strategic and tactical deliverables are understood
- Regularly conduct postmortems on capability delivery and ensure that the team learns from mistakes as well as victories
- Always look for improving the way we get things done
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity, you must have :
- A proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a fast paced, highly matrixed organization effectively
- Proven ability to present and communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Exemplary core IT project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Good understanding of SDLCs including Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of business applications, software design, production support and test methods as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- 8 to 10 years of technology project management experience is required
- Agile Certification is a plus (i.e. Scrum Master, RTE, SAFe, etc.)
- CA Agile (Rally) skills a plus
- Ideally 1+ yrs of Agile experience, must understand the concepts of how scrum teams work and how the Agile efforts are managed.