Summary: Seeking a contract Instructional Designer to support a Learning and Development training curriculum. They will report to the Manager of Learning and Development and have a large focus on Sales training curriculum.
This person will work collaboratively with the Learning and Development Consultants and Documentation Coordinators in designing training programs, participant materials, job aids, quick reference guides, and eLearning courses. The majority of the design and development of training is for Sales Department with other assignments as needed.
- Design and develop instructional/educational content and revision of current training programs including but not limited to facilitator guides, participant materials, quick reference guides, and job aids.
- Recognize the best medium for a course design and the participants, and effectively leverage that medium(s).
- Develop training materials including presentations, instructor and participant guides, classroom activities, quizzes/tests, and handouts.
- Design and develop instructional programs to meet the needs of adult learners in a training environment.
- Design and develop assessment tools that measure the participant's mastery of program materials and evaluate their ability to perform job-related tasks.
- Design interactive training materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training, and participant activities.
Be able to network with and influence decision makers at all levels to come to a consensus on needs and resolutions.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's Degree required, ideally in Instructional Design, Education or Learning and Development.
- 5+ years working as an Instructional Designer or training specialist; preferably in health care
- Previous experience in the development and evaluation of training programs related to sales design - including negotiating with stakeholders and independent workers
Understanding operational policies and practices desired.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and ability to incorporate adult learning principals
- At least 3 years' experience developing and designing web-based training programs using authoring tools such as Articulate
- Ability to work independently and also with a team.
- Ability to negotiate internal politics and priorities.
- Excellent writing skills, and strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, analytical and creative thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Computer skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, eLearning authoring tools; specifically, Articulate, and Learning Management Systems