Cyber Security Consultant
Our client is looking for a Cyber Security Consultant in Sacramento, CA. This will be a 6+ month contract-to-hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have 7 or more years of Cybersecurity experience, with a focus on user behavior, and/or threat detection and/or fraud detection.
Mandatory Qualifications (MQ's)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience applying security policies, standards, testing, modification and implementation aligning IT systems with organizational business processes with at least three (4) years of that experience must have been in a lead capacity.
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related or Engineering field. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of one (5) year of information security and/or information systems auditing experience working for a large business and/or governmental entity (e.g. federal, state, county or city).
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated information security data analytics process and technology implementation experience to include user behavior and/or fraud detection.
- NIST 800-53 experience
- CS or related degree
- Splunk Experience
- Consult with our client's customer on general Cybersecurity matters
- Advising our client on information security standards and best-practices for security analytics and fraud detection.
- Supporting and advising our client on compliance and security fraud investigation tasks.
- Draft processes and procedures to support our client in the area of information security monitoring and fraud analytics.
- Advise our client's Information Security Office management on information security analytics metrics gathering and usage for use in behavioral modeling.
- Author and review technical documentation as required.
- Mentor end client's staff on functional and technical knowledge areas through facilitated show and tell sessions, hands-on collaboration sessions, peer reviews and advisory support.