Our client is looking for a QA Engineer for a 6+ month project in Albany, NY.
The QA Engineer is a Testing Shared Services resource who is responsible for systems test execution activities for systems implementation and O&M software development projects. The QA Engineer is required to perform analysis and review of system requirements for automation as well as manual testing, peer reviews, and prepares test data needs. This position will participate in white/gray box testing.
- Develop and execute test cases for testing including white/gray box testing based on CLIENT standards
- Report and track defects
- Test activities related to SDLC
- Participate in project meetings and status reporting
- Maintain data for M&A metrics
- Assist with test related activities as directed
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Background & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years related experience
- Working knowledge of SDLC and ability to create and modify queries
- Experience with test case creation, writing and reporting defects.
- Experience with operating systems and basic DOS/Unix commands, database concepts, SQL, XML and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of test case and defect structure
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Health Industry experience preferred
- Experience with BI reports testing preferred
- Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments preferred
- Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations preferred