Responsible for managing assigned portfolio project through the application of formal methodologies and strong communication skills.
- Direct accountability for assigned projects with budgets up to (USD)5M.
- Deliver assigned projects on-time, with high-quality and within the allocated budget.
- Responsible to identify staffing needs and request resources necessary to deliver the project.
- Manage project scope and participate in the formal change control process, including the development of impact analysis when necessary
- Work with stakeholders to develop the project schedule
- Manage the project forecast and participate in monthly financial reviews with the project controller and Program Manager
- Define and execute contingency planning and mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Drive implementation planning and execution.
- Ensure the development of business cases/cost benefit analysis which reflect project benefits and metrics while ensuring linkages to the financial plan.
- Provide leadership relative to strategic and tactical initiatives that have a significant business/technical impact and ensure long-term competitiveness of business processes.
- Responsible to identify alternatives to solve the business and/or technical issues that arise.
- 5-7 years of project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business or equivalent
- Experienced user of MS Office tools, Microsoft Project and Clarity PPM
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal)
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex projects on time and at or under budget
- Exemplary Project Management skills including scope management, capacity planning, project scheduling and tracking documents
- In depth knowledge of systems, the software development life cycle, Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), and change management
- Strong financial acumen, proven ability track and manage project budgets, track variances and execute clear financial reporting using project planning and financial tools.
- Executive presentation skills, and ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Six Sigma and/or PMI certification / training helpful, but not required
- Agile / SCRUM project methodologies helpful, but not required
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Project Management certificate may be required. Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects and requires prior management, supervisory, or team leader experience.
Certifications & Licenses:
Project Management certificate