Description: The Lead Quality Assurance integration testing Automation Engineer is responsible for establishing process, methods, and toolset for the RQNS. This includes working in an Agile Team environment developing and executing on a strategy to ensure the group's products meet all internal and external requirements before reaching customers. The QA Automation Engineer will participate on a team of cross-functional team creating automated test cases while guiding the larger distributed QA team with new process policies and proposing necessary improvements to existing processes so as to achieve the successful delivery of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Thought leader for the RQNS automation testing program by collaborating with product teams to understand business requirements and project goals, identify appropriate automated testing solutions, manage work intake, prioritization, communication, and delivery.
- Develop high level test strategies based on epic definition and feature design that includes the strategies for both automated testing (incorporating component, functional, negative, security, regression, and end-to-end testing) and manual exploratory testing
- Manage the triage, prioritization, resolution, automation, and delivery of fixes for defects, including production defects
- Leads the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Define and evangelize test automation best practices and designs, define and document test automation principles and standards, including test-driven development
- Build credibility, authority and trust. Promote transparency. Manage expectations and deliverables within the Agile framework. Represent the team effectively by keeping things realistic. Avoid slippage. Mitigate risk and propose course changes to deliver against commitments.
- Raise red flags and facilitate dialogue that transforms "issues" into actionable plans, when the critical deliverables are at risk of impacting a given sprint, or the overall timeline commitment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of IT delivery experience, including expertise with automation testing in SDLC Agile environment
- Minimum 3+ years' experience with hands-on experience with creating automated test scripts
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Jira, Selenium, manual & automated testing
- Experience building Integration and End to End automation test scripts
- Experience working with solutions that integrate with Multiple systems
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Relational database technologies and SQL query writing
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast paced environment, help the organization pivot when necessary and propose and manage process improvement opportunities.