Position Summary: The Design Lead is responsible for the overall design and technical leadership of an automotive radar product from concept through design, development, verification, and industrialization. The candidate must demonstrate both an enthusiasm to work with, and capability to lead and coordinate across various technical teams (e.g., software, hardware, IC components, Functional Safety, V&V) throughout design and development. The Design Lead works with the Project Team Lead (Program Manager) in project planning and execution to achieve technical objectives, align with standards and customer requirements, and deliver a world-class product used in ADAS and/or Automated Driving systems.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Lead Product Development Team including members from components, hardware, signal processing, software, systems, verification & validation, and industrialization engineering teams
- Define technical milestones, aligned with Veoneer process, and direct root cause analysis
- Provide technical direction on next-generation projects
- Coordinate project-level trade studies including RF component selection and PCB design
- Participate in the development of Mechanical, Electrical, Algorithm, and Software specifications
- Support new business development by supporting RFQ efforts, including product demonstrations to potential customers
- Review and interpret customer specifications and ensure requirements are documented and incorporated into the product design
- Deliver the product specifications, DFMEA and DVP&R
- Ensure test and analysis coverage validates that the design meets all the requirements
- Partner with functional managers to ensure adequate resources, staffing, and feedback
- Coordinate parts procurement for mock up builds (development/characterization)
- Provide development work plan to Project Manager and assist with APDS review
- Solve technical issues associated with customer and product demands
- Act as primary technical contact for the customer and product development team
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent. MS in Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of engineering product design experience, with strong background in the design, manufacture and/or testing of electronic products. Automotive product experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to apply advanced engineering principles, theories, and concepts in the development of automotive safety systems
- Solid knowledge of radar systems / RF, signal processing, real-time software, and hardware, with a strong systems-level view of how they interface to create a product
- Experience in technical project direction as well the ability to perform and/or lead deep dives to identify root cause and resolve issues
- Working knowledge of functional safety standards, specifically ISO26262, is a plus
- Highly organized with the ability to motivate team members
- Experience with Matlab development
- Experience with CMMI or ASPICE
- Configuration management and version control experience
- Good oral and written communication
- Up to 20-35% travel required
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Agile methodologies, tools, and techniques is a plus.