Database Engineer - Cloud
Title: Database Engineer - Cloud
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Duration: 6-12 months contract with possible extension or hire
This is a senior role on a team accountable for Database and Business Intelligence (BI) systems engineering. The team already has a good compliment of technical skills across many platforms with which the successful candidate will have great opportunities to grow.
We are looking for candidates who bring their own strength to the team in more cloud friendly database technologies such as Couchbase (CouchDB), Cassandra, or PostgreSQL.
· Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification related to Database Management
· 8+ years' experience in information technology
· Database operations, administration, architecture, or engineering background
· Technical skills: Relational and non-relational database technologies such as Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Couchbase, MySQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL.
· Experience in data modeling for cloud native application architectures.
· Experience in analyzing and driving database performance improvements.
· Experience in the design, implementation or operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments and organizations
· Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
· Demonstrated experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
· Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
· Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
· Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives