Backup Administrator - Commvault Experience
This role manages the off-site storage vendor and assets. The Backup Administrator is accountable for addressing backup failures within the SLA framework as well as handling the backup failure remediation process for team to implement.
The Backup Administrator is also involved in evaluating and scheduling system patches, upgrades, and changes. The System Administrator determines the root cause of complex network and system problems.
Additional responsibilities include: resolving escalated trouble tickets; performing server maintenance and updates, replacing hardware as needed; updating Operating Systems; performing PC imaging as required; assisting in maintenance calls relating to workstations, software and servers; troubleshooting and resolving server event logs and communication systems; participating in the implementation phase for projects; documenting and tracking model and serial numbers for inventory tracking; developing and maintain preventative maintenance checklists.
- Expert level proficiency with backup and recovery
- Working knowledge of the Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of AWS and Cloud-based systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on backup and recovery experience, with extensive Commvault expertise
- Ability to formulate and develop a backup strategy that aligns with the goals of the business.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server, enterprise backup, recovery procedures, system performance monitoring tools
- Experience with Commvault
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
- Fluent in a scripting/programing language such as Python, Perl or Php
- Ability to create automation and self-service options to better support customers.