Senior Agile Coach
We are looking for a seasoned talented Senior Agile Coach. This position reports directly to the Director of Portfolio and Project Management. The Agile Coach Sr acts as a trainer, consultant and advisor in an organization going through an Agile transformation. They will help build the Agile Center of Excellence as well as roll out Agile to the growing IT organization.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates, monitors, and supports the implementation of small to medium systems and/or products.
- Acts as change agent and demonstrates to the teams how the Agile processes and systems work.
- Guide and mentor multiple teams in the consistent practice of Agile concepts, including roles, ceremonies, processes, compliance, and tool usage.
- Improves application of Agile principles.
- Improve team understanding of Agile practice.
- Promote metrics-led, continuous improvement of the Agile delivery processes and propose adaptations of the methodology to address novel situations.
- Assists with improving operational metrics in efficiency and quality.
- Assists with refining the Agile delivery process to reduce areas of uncertainty that become impediments for the team.
- Ensure that team feedback is disseminated and communicated to IT so that potential changes can be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Participate in both the internal and external Agile communities to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends.
- Continue to improve knowledge of Agile activities at Anthem as well as in industry.
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree; minimum of 5 years experience implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent.
- Certified Team Coach (CTC) or equivalent, preferred. Preferred experience within small sized Agile implementations (e.g. 1-5 teams).
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multitask across several large initiatives or projects
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Strong problem solving/analytic skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working across multiple teams and business units.
- Healthcare experience a plus