Manager of Application Development & Support
The Mgr. Application Development & Support will be responsible for managing and leading a team of Application Engineers who support PTC Systems. Within the team, there are four main application areas that could benefit from team collaboration and resource management.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university
- 7 year(s) - Experience in Information Technology application development
- 5 year(s) - Supervision or management of software development professionals or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience working within the Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to partner with other team members of all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, etc.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of SQL database (backups, data schema, data analysis)
- Working, hands-on knowledge of system log analysis
- Working knowledge of LINUX and Windows platforms
- Provide Leadership to the Application Engineer technical team, leading collaboration, common practices, sharing of knowledge and cross training
- Review Technology decisions and asses risk, impact and benefit to the PTC Applications
- Ensure project work is managed within the appropriate process, controls and standards.
- Manage the application software promotion process (where needed)
- Understand vendor application offerings in order to manage the team within the structure of delivery
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place for Custom Development and support of Third Party Vendor Applications
- Collaborate with the PTC Project Managers to understand priorities and project needs
- Manages resource workloads and priorities for Application Engineer team members
- Engage in complex problem troubleshooting of PTC Systems
- Ensure Production Support on-call is planned and effective and resolution is reached on incidents within the proscribed service level agreement structure
- Prepare appropriate documentation as needed
- Prepare executive update and status as needed
- Preferred Requirements:
- Previous Railroad Experience a plus
- Previous PTC Systems Experience a plus
- Previous experience as an Application Architect a plus