Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Specialist
As a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Specialist, you will work with operational team members to drive the continuous improvement of our organization using Lean Six Sigma and RPA tools and best practices.
Lead RPA Projects:
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams empowered to execute LSS/RPA projects for continuous improvement and effectively communicate progress to operational leadership
- Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability to reduce defects, variation and cost. Configure the commands or write the script for the software to execute the tasks or processes as specified in the requirements and design documents; review incremental progress with a process subject matter expert to validate functionality and course correct s needed.
- Develop and implement appropriate process control systems, changes and automation to ensure compliance (with CoE standards, guidelines, leading practices, security, and risk management) and continuous improvement.
- Benchmark against best in class tools & methods and share best practices within the business.
- Review use cases to determine automation feasibility including an initial determination on complexity, level of effort, and expected benefits while providing recommendations on priority of automation builds.
Provide leadership in deployment of LSS/RPA
- Create value and buy-in, through project execution, as a key change agent and facilitator to drive operations to achieve maximum speed of improvement implementations while maintaining and respecting operational ownership of the processes and performance of the business.
- Serve as a change agent in institutionalizing quality in conjunction with the operational resources to execute project deployment strategy, goals and priorities for sustained improvements within assigned areas.
- Drive LSS/RPA team goals by ensuring projects always aligned and driven by the goals of the Operational Leaders. Assist the CoE lead in creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards, guidelines, and leading practices across the automation life cycle.
- Ensure all improvement initiatives, successes, and failures as appropriate are communicated within the business to maximize effectiveness.
Infuse CI Culture
- Promote LSS and RPA, by example, when interacting with all business resources and when leading projects. Be a LSS/RPA expert.
- Facilitate LSS/RPA initiatives championed directly by the operational leadership
Deliver improved P&L financial performance
- Deliver project improvements and manage projects to drive cost savings to achieve financial targets
- Lead and manage completion of projects to drive continuous improvement in revenue and cost out of the business through streamlining operational processes, applying automation, eliminating non-value added or duplicate efforts, waste and other related defects in the business process.
Be an effective LSS/RPA team member
- Make routine decisions, resolve issues, follow through on commitments, and consider the interests of the entire team. Recognize results as part of the reward.
- Deliver results with energy to achieve breakthrough levels of improvement in customer satisfaction, process capability and quality.
- Provide innovative ideas to continually build the Lean Six Sigma, project management, change facilitation, problem solving and results oriented skill sets into operating business resources.
- Collaborate with process subject matter experts to document automation requirements including exception paths and error handling; use existing documentation and process demos/recordings as available
- Bachelors Degree (preferred in Engineering, Finance, IT, or Operations); MBA Preferred
- Training in Six Sigma & Lean continuous improvement methodologies required.
- 5+ years of experience in related (Continuous Improvement/Project Management) roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Track record of successful execution of cross-functional strategic initiatives and significant change projects in a variety of business settings and situations.
- Strong attention to detail, verbal & written communication skills, negotiation skills, and problem solving skills
- Understanding of process automation platforms (i.e. Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Kapow, UiPath, etc.)
- Systems and process mapping experience (using Visio or other modeling tools)
- Lean process design experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and PM tools (i.e. Confluence, MS Project, etc.)
- PMP Certification a plus
- Six Sigma Certification (Black Belt or Green Belt) a plus