Sr. Technical Project Manager
The Sr. Technical Project Manager, is a member of the automotive radar design and development team. This role is also responsible for leading the overall design and technical engineering of an automotive radar product from concept through design, development, verification, and industrialization. S/he leads radar product development from prototype to high-volume production with the goal of becoming the best active safety radar in the world. This leader will be responsible for driving 100% customer satisfaction via exceptional program team leadership and customer service. The Sr. Technical Project Manager takes full responsibility for profitability, On-Time Delivery, Zero-Defect Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Full technical responsibility for multiple concurrent project successes
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction via Zero-Defect Quality, 100% On-Time Delivery, and leading the efforts to drive product costs down
- Manage the technical performance, engineering developments, and project timeline
- In a Matrix Management manner, indirectly manage work of cross-functional teams including Buyers, Engineers, Technicians and Operations teams to support the project
- Working with Engineering and Operations to initiate and prepare labor estimates
- Enforce adherence to the established project scope, budget and schedule
- Chair and manage design review preparations and presentations
- Work closely with Operations on yield improvement and scrap reduction
- Identify, report and mitigate margin issues
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to you by Senior Management.
- Bachelors degree in engineering with 10 years experience managing technical projects. An MBA or Masters in an Engineering discipline and 5 years experience managing technical projects. Automotive Industry is preferred
- 10+ years of Program/Project Management experience in high volume manufacturing. Preferably with a Tier-1 supplier to the automobile industry
- Successful candidate must have 8+ years of design engineering experience in either SW, FW, DSP, Embedded, HW, FPGA, IC or equivalent experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve stretch goals quickly, while possessing strong people skills
- Proven expertise at achieving and sustaining the #1-ranked position with customers
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Project, and all needed MS Office packages
- Flexibility for frequent travel, both locally and internationally.