Agile Project Delivery Manager
We are currently seeking an Agile Project Delivery Manager for the Houston, TX area. An ideal candidate will be responsible for managing cross-functional teams to implement and mature Project/Portfolio Management within the EPO to improve project management methodology and best practices, improve customer satisfaction, and drive cost savings across the Global IT organization. You should have subject matter expertise in the area of Business Process, Project and Portfolio Management, exceptional project management skills, attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Manage overall coordination of the project/portfolio management oriented work efforts, ensures that project goals and objectives are met within time, scope and resource requirements. Program portfolio budgets on average greater than $5-10million dollar initiatives
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/business partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments
- Directs implementation and execution of standard PM methodologies across the project portfolio. Ensures project teams comply to company standards and all documentation is reviewed and approved.
- Working with Senior leaders establishes goals and operating plans for the department and operates within budget parameters.
- Drives new technology initiatives from "idea" to implementation including; development of business case through post-mortem reviews and ROI reconciliations.
- Skilled in Project Management, has ability to manage highly complex projects and to prioritize competing interests across functions
- Typically manages team(s) through subordinate managers in complex technology areas. Plan and provide opportunities for continuous training to keep the resources aligned on state of the art technology and trends
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant technical or business work experience
- 5+ years of implementation and delivery services, preferably for large complex projects and customers
- Focus on integration projects on the application side
- Will be working closely with the application team.
- Cross functional management experience including: people and process management
- Consistent utilization of best practices and methodologies to ensure demand management and planning, projects portfolio management and support for customers are met.
- Ability understand inter-dependencies between IT and business initiatives to effectively leverage resources.
- SWOT analysis and problem solving competences
- Proven experience implementing IT solutions and communicating with high profile customers.
- Expert understanding of business functional and operating needs in highly complex environments.
- Excellent IT finance, customer budget and proposal management
- Ability to review and change processes to achieve best practice standards.
- Knowledge of PMM, Top class solutions design, and specialized products for key customers
- Superior influence skills to gain commitment from others and foster collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent situation management and leadership in critical situation.
- Critical negotiation skills
- Strong aptitude to build and maintain informal network inside the customer organization and internally.
- Excellent team player
- Very organized